With more than 500 cyclists and volunteers, Cycling the Erie Canal is an opportunity for every community along the trail to roll out the welcome mat and showcase local businesses and area attractions. Let the cyclists know you’re glad they’ve come. Set up signs along the route announcing what you have to offer, provide maps and brochures to riders, or offer discounts in the local shops and at area attractions. Contact Rohan at Parks & Trails New York to learn more about how the riders can learn more about your community.
Here is a schedule for this year’s ride, July 13-20, 2014.
- Sunday, July 13 — Buffalo to Medina
- Monday, July 14 — Medina to Pittsford
- Tuesday, July 15 — Pittsford to Seneca Falls
- Wednesday, July 16 — Seneca Falls to Syracuse
- Thursday, July 17 — Syracuse to Rome
- Friday, July, 18 — Rome to Canajoharie
- Saturday, July 19 — Canajoharie to Schenectady
- Sunday, July 20 — Schenectady to Albany