Tuesdays on the Towpath – a series of eight recreational bike rides along the Erie Canalway Trail in the Old Erie Canal State Park – kicked off on May 13th.
Hosted by local canal-related museums and organizations, these free social rides will take place on the second and fourth Tuesdays of each month, May through August. Each ride will highlight a different section and feature a unique speaker.
Tuesdays on the Towpath schedule:
- May 27: Dewitt ride; meet at Old Erie Canal Park in Dewitt
- June 10: Syracuse ride; meet at the Erie Canal Museum in Downtown Syracuse
- June 24 : Fayetteville ride; meet at Canal Landing Park
- July 8: Chittenango ride; meet at Chittenango Landing Canal Boat Museum
- July 22: Oneida ride; meet at Oneida Commons
- August 12: Camillus ride; meet at Camillus Erie Canal Park
- August 26: Canastota ride; meet at Canastota Canal Town Museum
All Tuesdays on the Towpath rides start at 6:00 pm. Helmets are required. These are recreational rides that are mostly off-road and appropriate for anyone with some biking experience.
Before each ride, route details and speaker information will be posted on the Chittenango Landing Canal Boat Museum Facebook page. Questions? Please call the Chittenango Landing Canal Boat Museum at (315) 687- 3801.