The Erie Canalway National Heritage Corridor is thrilled to announce the publication of the New York State Canalway Water Trail Guidebook and Navigational Map Set. The mile-by-mile guide includes launch sites, paddler-friendly facilities and amenities, and places of interest for over 450 miles of the NYS Canal System, including the Erie, Cayuga-Seneca, Oswego and Champlain canals.
- Best bet paddling day trips with mileage charts
- Step-by-step instructions for passing through a lock
- How to plan and prepare for your trip
- Things to see and do on and off the water
- Maps and descriptions of more than 140 public access points
The NYS Canal System is a premier destination for paddlers, offering hundreds of miles of continuous waterway through canals, rivers, and lakes. The water trail welcomes paddlers of all abilities to explore this scenic and recreational waterway.
For more information and to download or order a complimentary copy of the guidebook, visit: www.eriecanalway.org/watertrail.